Catherine A. Rude
888-870-0025 (Toll Free)
Catherine A. Rude represents businesses and individuals throughout the United States in complex and sophisticated tax controversy and tax litigation matters before the United States Tax Court, United States Court of Claims, United States District Courts, Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, California Board of Equalization and California Employment Development Department.
Catherine A. Rude is a federal tax attorney and is not admitted in the State of Texas. She is licensed in the State of California. Her practice is limited to matters before the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Treasury Department and the United States Tax Court.
Ms. Rude's legal experience includes cases involving fraudulent tax preparers, failed pension plans, worker classification issues, and personal assessments of business payroll and sales tax. She was awarded a Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of San Diego, where she was honored as Merit Scholar, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington.
Before entering the legal profession, Ms. Rude worked as a Buyer for Whole Foods Market and as an Actor at various professional theaters throughout the United States. Her background uniquely qualifies her to represent clients in tax controversy matters because of her ease with communication in complex situations.
Areas of Practice
- IRS Audits and Appeals
- Civil Tax Litigation
- Criminal Tax Cases
- IRS Collection Matters
- Business and Employment Tax Matters
- Offshore/International Tax Disputes
- IRS Voluntary Disclosure
- California FTB/BOE/EDD Disputes and Collection Matters
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Honors: Diversity Representative, ABA Judicial Midyear Meeting
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Honors: Merit Scholar
- Honors: Outstanding Student, Federal Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Major: Taxation
- University of Texas
- Major: French
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Major: Theater and Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Section of Taxation
- San Diego County Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Richard Carpenter, Associate Attorney
- Stoel Rives, LLP, Summer Associate