Offshore Accounts/International Tax Disputes
The Federal government, including the IRS, is engaged in intensifying efforts to increase collection of taxes on assets and income originating in other countries. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have assets and income from abroad should be alert to the likelihood of being targeted in an audit. Take action now to avoid litigation or prosecution later.
Even if you have, or if your business has, successfully kept assets overseas without reporting them to the IRS for years, do not assume that it will continue to be safe to do so. Get legal advice now and take steps to disclose assets before you are forced to do so. If you have already been notified that you are to be audited, contact a knowledgeable tax lawyer immediately.
See the web pages listed below for information on how Brown, PC, can help you address your offshore accounts and prevent or resolve international tax disputes.
- IRS to end Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program on September 28, 2018
- IRS heavily targets offshore accounts despite limited resources
- IRS Assesses Another 150% Civil FBAR Penalty
- U.S. District Court Upholds Multiple Willful FBAR Penalties Against Taxpayer
- The Shifting Landscape of the OVDP Opt-Out
- U.S. to Ease Initial Enforcement of FATCA
- Who took advantage of the offshore account “safe harbor” program?
- Offshore Account Gamechange: FATCA Reporting Requirements
- IRS Issues Guidance on FBAR and Foreign Income Tax Issues
- IRS Hunt For Tax Cheats Has Unintended Results
- World Leaders Ramp Up International Tax Evasion Investigations
- Tax Division Expands Inquiry Of Offshore Accounts To Israel Banks
- The FATCA: Newest Example of American Imperialism
- Dual Citizenship and FBAR: Do You Need To File?
- Legislative Change in Switzerland
- IRS Commissioner Warns of Additional Offshore-Account Investigations
- HIRE Act Forces American Expats into Financial Exile
- IRS Whistle-Blower on UBS Case
- Voluntary Disclosure and Offshore Accounts
This page will contain a list of links to organize and provide navigation to information on your website.