Associate Attorney – Fort Worth
Brown, PC, a tax litigation boutique law firm in downtown Fort Worth, Texas, seeks an Associate Attorney with 2-5 years’ experience in complex tax matters and/or litigation. This is a unique opportunity to do interesting and challenging work in a casual and collegial environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, learn quickly, possess excellent communication skills, and work well with teammates. An accounting degree or CPA is a plus.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. Please send cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to: [email protected].
Paralegal /Executive Assistant – Fort Worth
Boutique tax litigation and white-collar defense law firm based in downtown Fort Worth, Texas is seeking a full time, on-site Paralegal/Executive Assistant with 6+ or more years of law firm experience. The ideal candidate will be a team player with solid litigation skills and trial preparation experience. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are a must.
- 6+ years of law firm litigation experience.
- Associate Degree in Paralegal studies (strongly preferred).
- Trial preparation and trial support experience (strongly preferred).
- Strong research and writing skills, including the ability to draft and/or proofread correspondence and pleadings, blue-booking, and cite checking.
- Filing various pleadings with the U.S. Tax Court and electronic filings with U.S. District Court.
- Investigative skills using various online data bases.
- Litigation skills including experience serving and answering discovery, drafting skeletal pleadings, and setting up a pleading file and index.
- Experience calendaring depositions, hearings, court deadlines, etc.
- Strong document management skills, including the ability to quickly review, sort, label, bates number, and index large volumes of documents.
- Must possess very strong organizational skills, be highly detail oriented, and able to prioritize, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload with a great attitude and minimal supervision.
- Must be proactive, anticipate needs, and take pride in performance.
- Ability to transcribe and edit.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with time keeping software, such as Timeslips, preferred, but not required.
- Experience with direct client contact and management.
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in support of team.
- Willingness to perform receptionist and general clerical duties as needed.
Compensation will be based on previous experience, as well as your proven ability to be an impact player. Please respond back with your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Professional references will be required before a hiring decision is made.
About Our Law Firm
Brown, PC represents clients throughout the United States and across the globe in high-end tax controversies and litigation. We have been involved in some of the largest and most complex cases ever pursued by the Internal Revenue Service or the Department of Justice.
Our firm is a rare gem in the legal industry with friendly colleagues, a welcoming atmosphere, and a great Sundance Square location. Office attire is casual and, while we often work under pressure, the environment is supportive.
Other Career Opportunities
- Experienced Attorney
- Lateral Personnel
- Law Student Intern
- Support Staff
- Enrolled Agent
Please contact the firm for more information or to inquire about current openings.