Proactive Solutions For IRS Tax Problems
One of the most common reasons businesses and individual taxpayers retain the services of Brown, PC, is because of our proven ability to guide clients through one of the most stressful experiences there is — an IRS collection matter.
If you have been assessed taxes or penalties as a result of an IRS audit, or wish to negotiate proactively with the IRS to resolve a tax problem on your terms, rely on our experienced tax professionals for help.
We represent clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, throughout Texas and nationwide. Call 888-870-0025 to discuss you IRS tax concerns.
Exploring All Options To Resolve IRS Collection Disputes
The first step in resolving collection issues requires bringing the taxpayer into compliance with current tax obligations. The second step requires taking strong and decisive action to deal with the IRS directly.
Our Texas IRS collection lawyers have a variety of tools at their disposal, including:
- Installment agreements — Through an agreement with the IRS, back taxes are paid over time and the IRS stops wage garnishment, levies or property seizure.
- Offers in compromise — We skillfully negotiate to satisfy a tax liability for substantially less than the full amount owed to the IRS.
- Innocent spouse tax relief — If you owe substantial taxes because of the criminal acts or negligence of an ex-spouse, we work to get your portion reduced or forgiven.
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program — The IRS has renewed this program, whereby you can disclose the existence of offshore assets and pay taxes on them without the threat of criminal prosecution.
- Collection due process appeals — If a collection due process hearing is requested, the IRS cannot levy or garnish wages until the hearing takes place.
Understanding The IRS’s Collection Mechanisms
Whether your problem stems from unfiled tax returns, unpaid payroll taxes, estate tax disputes or any other scenario, the IRS has a variety of ways to collect taxes. The IRS may decide to collect payment through liens, levies and wage garnishment as well as:
- Trust fund recovery penalty — The IRS can assess penalties against responsible persons for unpaid employee payroll taxes. We challenge the tax liabilities and/or resulting penalties through appeals or litigation.
- Constructive dividends — The IRS may assert that business expenses claimed on corporate returns enriched the individual. We challenge any attempts to reclassify those charges as personal expenses.
Your company does not have to go out of business because of tax issues. At Brown, PC, we have successfully had penalties lowered and bought clients time to pay back their debts and keep their businesses going. We will work diligently to do the same for you.
Find A Resolution | Contact Us Today
If you are under investigation, going through an audit or have received an IRS summons, the time to act is now. Reach out to one of the experienced tax lawyers here at Brown, PC.